SHORT STORIES

Saturday, July 17, 2010

morning

Much to my displeasure, I was wakened at around 7 this morning to accompany Roy to his 5k. I did not ask to go, I did not want to go. Or should I say, I did not want to leave the warm, cozy confines of my bed whilst I still had sleepiness yo sleep away. But Roy was not to be refused. I woke up, jumped into my jeans, and jumped into Roy's car. No breakfast. Roy himself only had a cracker and peanut butter, but of course, he was running. I decided to be reclusive and wear Roy's hat low over my eyes as we walked around waiting for the race to start. I was detailed to take pictures. When the race started, I snapped a few, then sat down on the curb to wait for Roy to get back. I would like to add at this point that I was now very, very hungry, but my attitude towards the morning had lightened a bit. Thanfully roy was quite a speedy fellow out there, and I only had to wait 18 minutes and 54 seconds for him to get back. It took him a while to catch his breath, and he had to wait for the awards. But of course, not everyone had been as speedy as Roy, and I heard someone say it would be 40ish himutes before everyone got back. It was then Roy offered to let me take his car on home, and come back and get him when he was done (good ol' chap). So I did.

Unfortunately, when I got home, I realized that it was Saturday morning, the morning when, cusomarily, our family eats breakfast together. And no one, except mother, was awake. Thus, I was sent to get eggs, still without breakfast in my tummy. But, not all my hopes were dashed. I now had the opportunity to get some early morning gaming in, while everyone was still asleep, which (if you have never done it before) is, for some reason, very exciting. But nay, as soon as I returned home, everyone was awake, and Mama informed me that Roy had called and was ready to come home.

I crawled back into JARVIS.

I picked up Roy.

I came home.

Ate breakfast.

And was told to be prepared for good, looonnng.... hard..... day's work.

Ahh well. Now I'm sleepy and tired. And DEFINATELY not prepared for a long day's work.

Anyway. Here's some pics.




No comments: